Friday, February 25, 2022 / by Joe Johnson
Thinking About Refurnishing Your Home? Prices for These Items Are on the Rise
Over the past two years, people have spent more time at home than ever before. And for many, all that time at home has translated into a desire to change and upgrade their living spaces—including refurnishing their home.
But unfortunately, inflation is on the rise—and the prices for home furnishings are rising right along with it.
So, which home products are seeing those dramatic price increases? According to a recent article from CNBC, prices for a number of home furnishings are skyrocketing, including:
· Furniture for the living room, kitchen, and/or dining room, up 19.9 percent year-over-year
· Window coverings, up 16.2 percent year-over-year
· Bedroom furniture, up 13.7 percent year-over-year
· Appliances, up 8.5 percent year-over-year
· Clocks, lamps, and home decor items, up 6.3 percent year-over-year
If you’re planning on refurnishing your home, it’s important to know how inflation is impacting prices; that way, you can set a realistic budget—and not find yourself facing a higher-than-expected bill at the end of your home upgrade project.
Whether you’re buying or selling the Reiner Realty Team can help! Give us a call today at 540-494-9284 or chick HERE.